Country Girl

Country Girl
If you got a problem with somebody being Country, then chances are that we won't get along.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas Eve everybody!
I, for one, absolutely love Christmas and everything about it. I don't look at it like most teenagers my age do, though. Suprise, suprise, right?


My family has traditions that we do every year that I refuse to break and even when they aren't phsyically able to ride us around to go see the Christmas lights around town, then I will personally be my sisters driver. My little sister may only be three years behind me but she deserves to grow up with the same traditions that I did.

Every year the Christmas tree was up on the First Saturday of December. Everybody who wanted to help would help but unfortuntley for me, this year I wasn't feeling very well on that specific day and wasn't really in the Christmas mood yet so my younger sister ended up decorating the Christmas tree by herself. She seemed to like it and she did an absolutely outstanding job.

Another tradition is that a couple days before Christmas, all of us will gather up in the car and ride around for about an hour just looking at the Christmas Lights that people have set up in their front yard. Not many people around here did it as much as we had hoped but I don't blame them seeing as bad our economy is. They probably didn't have enough money to pay for the light bill that would increase with the beautiful Christmas lights. We still rode around, knowing this information. In less than three years, I will have my licenses and I will be able to drive everyone around then. I can't wait for that.

The last tradition that I intend on carrying on is every Christmas Eve, each kid gets to open one present and one present only to get them excited for the following day. My sister and I couldn't wait until today so we opened our present last night, after riding around and looking at Christmas lights. I ended up getting the box with some small things in it. My mom had put in that box a small replica of a License plate that you put on the back of the car with my name on it. I thought that was really cool! Another thing was she had bought me a small lime green frog(frogs are my favorite animal, as long with lime green being my favorite color) and some lime green fingernail polish. It wasn't much but it's the thought that counts. I can't wait to open up the rest of the presents tomorrow.

Christmas isn't about presents though, in my opinion. Most teenagers only care about what they get and to be honest, I used to be that person. When I was just a little be younger, around my sister's age, I thought that presents meant everything because that's the only time of year that my mom would buy me whatever I wanted. If i didn't get something amazing then I would flip. Now, I honestly couldn't care about what I get on Christmas. It is my Savior's birthday and it is the day to be spent with family and that's all that matters.

I'm completely different than I was years ago and I am happy for that. "You have a good head on your shoulders. The good Lord is going to bless you because of the good things you have done." My grandma told me those words last weekend and I couldn't be more happy. I love my grandma to peices and I love my whole family to peices. They are my everything and this Christmas, I will be trying my best to spend the whole day with both sides of my family even though they don't necissarily like each other but they do live less than twenty minutes from one another. I will be going back and forth. Wish me luck!

I hope that all of you have a Wonderful Christmas and remember that presents aren't what Christmas is all about. Be happy that you are getting something, even if it isn't worth much, and that you have roof over your head and people that love you.

Wow, I'm sounding my parents but oh well. Merry Christmas from this Country Gal! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment